22 February 2007

G.I. Moe

"Kind of remind ya of Bastogne?" "Yeah, now that you mention it... Except, of course, there's no snow, we got warm grub in our bellies, and the trees aren't f-in' exploding from Kraut artillery, but yeah... Frank... other than that, it's a lot like Bastogne." Nothing like a Battle of the Bulge reference to get your blood pumping in the morning. I really like this picture, and am glad at how his rough manly rugged face came out. For those of you who are playing the home edition, special prize for the person who first writes a comment saying what picture I used as a reference for this. (other than those who already know, lets not ruin it for the others) I actually used the identical colors from that picture for his uniform and helmet, so it has a bit of authenticity.. kinda. I wanted to put a picture of Kristen or something else in the outside netting of his helmet, but I couldn't get it work out right and that was more of a Vietnam thing anyway. Moe looks so tough, no one is going to have to save this Pvt. Ryan. (lets laughter at pop culture reference that applies here fade) It is fitting to have an American post for today because it is George Washington's 275th birthday. Oh you didn't know that. Well now you know. And knowing is half the battle. G.I. Moe...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, hands down my favorite thus far. I love grizzely face moe, and you did an awesome Job. Pretty sure I might be the only one that saw the photo you used to make this one so thanks for excluding me but I do know what you quoted. "Band of Brothers... You should Rent it sometime..." (what's that from Dan) Anyway, my favorite, moe looks awesome, good job, happy birthday GDUB.

Anonymous said...

also one of my favorites, i agree with kevin here.

thanks for the shout-out dan, i almost made it in one of the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.