20 February 2007

Vive la Moe!

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité. "Moe are you a supporter of the French?" This question posed by my Latin teacher four years ago has finally come into fruition. I tried to jam as many french stereotypes into this picture as possible, and short of having Moe retreat I believe I did pretty well. The beret, baguette, red scarf around his neck, white and black striped shirt, little mustache and goatee, the Eiffel Tower in the background complete with french flag and of course a fag hanging out of his mouth. I am quite happy with how this picture turned out, the past two have been my favorite (and I believe best) to date and "Honi soit qui mal y pense". Hopefully this level of artistic greatness will follow in upcoming posts. As much as I hate the french I was compelled to draw Moe in this fashion. If you don't realize it French Moe is actually rolling his eyes at you and secretly hating you for being American. How soon he forgets what Grandpa Moe did in saving his sorry country's arse in World War Deux. Hm.. I do enjoy french fries though.. Well.. Et voilà!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautifully drawn and said

Anonymous said...

First a gay cowboy, now a frenchmen. Are you trying to tell us something about Moe through your art?? Anyway, A stereotype you didnt squeeze in there is how French Moe isnt wearing any deoderant because the french dont believe in it. Gross, smelly, gay, french Moe. It's awesome, good job.