10 February 2007

Moezo the Clown

Send in the clowns. This is a great picture to point out to you the many difficulties that I run across trying to make this particular Moe picture into a masterpiece day after day. First difficulty: Moe's is not facing completely forward. You may notice that you can only see one of his ears. This makes it so that nothing can be put on his face directly straight. In this picture his mouth is painted on forward, but I can't completely pull it off. Second difficulty: his enormous tumbleweed of a hair-fro. In many pictures I have to create some vast hair-hat-extravaganza to cover every curly lock. I am just grateful he got his hair cut before the picture was taken; a la Geoffrey pictures for those of you who know that. Third difficulty: limited space. I only have very limited space to work with on each side of his dome and none above and then barely any space below his chin. In this picture I have his hat off to the side. I did what I could with his clothing, but imagine the clown-moe juggling chainsaws that are on fire, while riding a unicycle off a ramp over a kiddie pool filled with alligators with flame-throwers attached to their backs. See, if only I had more room... but then again that would be a great deal more to draw. Alas I will carry on with the good fight and stretch my creativity to its breaking point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Geoffrey, that was fun. i think you do a great job with the space alotted. Fantastic job with the clown, I want him at my birthday party. No really...Make it Happen!