06 February 2007

A Pirate's Life for Moe

"Yo Ho Yo Ho..." Moe hates this photo because of the teeth and mouth. What can I say, not everything is going to work. What is done is buck. This was the first time I really experimented with a completely drawn background. I only actually finished it up today before I was going to post this. The face, however has been done for a year. The skull and crossbones on the hat took me try after try to actually get something that remotely looked like a skull and bones and not a white fire. As you may know or can easily see, I am not really an artist. However I am proud of how the shirt came out.. Now that is something that a pirate would definitely wear. I believe for this picture I chopped off some of Moe's hair with the eraser tool. This is something that I will definitely have to try out more in the future, because that is a great deal of hair. When Moe dressed up like a pirate for me to paint him he had a steering wheel attached on his crotch. I asked him what the heck it was and he replied, "Arrr, it's driving me nuts." ...I will leave you with that.

2 comments:

Kevin Strauch said...

HAHAHAHA.... i thought it was hilarious

Anonymous said...

The background is very realistic, gripping, captivating even. You should do sets for the next Pirates movie.