06 March 2007

The Moeshank Redemption

[narrating] I must admit I didn't think much of Moe first time I laid eyes on him; looked like a stiff breeze would blow him over. That was my first impression of the man. The first night Moe cost me two packs of smokes; he didn't say a word. Now he never did talk much, so I was surprised when he came to me looking for something. He wanted a pictured of Burt Reynolds and a Dummy's guide to escaping from prison. We became good friends over the years.. Moe never did let that place get to him. He had all these wild ideas of escaping and opening a water park in San Jose called "The Sand Hose Hey Water Park". I thought the name was dumb, but never told him. In 1966, Moe escaped from prison. All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap, and a hula hoop made of spoons. I used to think it would take six-hundred years to tunnel under the wall. Old Moe did it in two hours. "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew that boy was headed for trouble. The picture in the background is a nice touch, Dan.

Anonymous said...

Wow Dan you are really making this hard for me to keep my promise to kristen....