20 March 2008

Navamoe

"One little, two little, three little Moeys." Although this is the third brand new picture I am posting it is the first that I started working on after my sabbatical. I kept coming back to it until it was finally finished. I like how the background turned out with the rock landscape and the fire. What I learned from this picture is that if you drawn something very crudely on a very small scale, but in the right proportions it will come out looking good. After coming up with the initial idea for having a smoke signal message I thought of various funny or population inclusive messages, but decided on "Hey Victor" because of its relevance and fond memories. I know that this picture is perpetuating various stereotypes of the Native American culture, but most of my pictures have done that just not in any controversial way. If any of my pictures have offended anyone I will take you out to Denny's and buy you a grand slam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA oh Smoke Signals.