17 March 2008

Super Moerio Bros.

"It's me, Moerio!" Mario first appeared in the arcade game Donkey Kong as a character named "Jumpman". They did not have the space to give him a mouth or ears, and they could not animate hair, which resulted in Mario getting a moustache, sideburns, and a cap to bypass these problems. I just put them on Moe because it makes him look silly. For years now Moe has been trying to get into a video game... Well here you go buddy, done and done. I know the mustache could look better but after a few tries I ended up settling with this one. It isn't the best facial hair of the bunch, but I think the rest of the picture makes up for it. It is cool that the sky color of Super Mario Bros. is close to the original background color of the Moe picture. Maybe we will continue a video game theme somewhere in the future: Sonic? Kid Chameleon? Duke Nukem? Mario 3? Now there is only one thing left to do [music starts] "Do the Moerio! Swing your arms from side to side, come on it time to go to the Moerio. Take one step and then again, lets do the Moerio all together now. Come on now. Just like that."

6 comments:

Moe said...

Dan, you crack me up. I'm glad the cold clenches of retail have not dampered your creative musings.

More game-themed Moes would be terrific. I would love to see myself in more of my favorite video and computer games.

AGReed said...

I love Moe with mustaches. Any facial hair really. The more unnatural looking the mustache, the better! Great work Dan; made me laugh.. my award-winning booming laughter. How 'bout Moe with one of those really long and curly/twisty 'staches and a goatee riding a motorcycle. I think Moe would make a good biker. Throw on the classic "I Love Mom" tat, some leather pants/jacket. Just an idea. Keep up the good work Dan, hope you're doing well.

Unknown said...

hahaha this is the best!

Unknown said...

lol, i agree the biker idea would crack me up.

dan, i think you are right about the background - it's great, very detailed. but the mustache is also quite funny.

Shannon said...

I love this one, Dan. Super Moerio is the man ;) And, I agree with Moe...more video gaming Moes would be funny.

P.S. Moe with any kind of facial hair is always a winner.

Anonymous said...

Haha the whole time I thought a.g.reed was just agreeing with moe but then I got it, allen george reed and his imfamous laugh agreed that moerio is funny. I also agree...d